Kemp Developments was started by Garry Kemp’s father Roy in 1959 as a local builder working in Hornsea and the surrounding area. It was incorporated into a limited company in 1969.
The business saw rapid growth through the 1970’s during which time Kemp Developments built in excess of a thousand houses. However, in the early 1980’s the business suffered during a nationwide recession in the building industry and subsequently downsized.
Garry spent some time working in the business during 1980’s, at which time he also studied for and achieved first an OND and then a HNC in Building Studies from Hull School of Architecture. He left to work in architecture and then rejoined the company in 1990 and agreed to buy the business from his father in 1994. The company moved from its Cliff Rd premises to the Market Place, Hornsea in 1998 when Roy Kemp retired. In 2011 the company moved to new dedicated offices in Sigglesthorne.